Go down
Admin
View user profilehttp://ccyg.forumotion.com

December 30th to 5th (Suggested Passage: Ezekiel 36)

on Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:00 am
Sorry for delaying the readings, we will go through Radical chapter 5 and leadership axioms 34 and 37 on Sunday.
-Also note that everyone will lead a devotional that is independent from the readings and we will start the rotation the following Sunday (January 6th)
-We're gonna be keeping with the same team this month, because it seems like we didn't go through the full month.

1. Pray. Ask God to reveal Himself onto you through Scripture. Ask God to give you an appetite for his Word (Just like how we always pray before we eat - you are essentially praying before you eat spiritually
2. Read maybe 2-3 times
3. Interpret the passage, see what verses, terms, and key phrases stick out to you.
4. See how you can apply the passage - knowledge is amazing, and to know God is essentially our focus. Even better if you can find ways to apply it.
5. Share your prayer requests. Seriously. Everyone is able to read what you flesh out and we are a Church that will pray on your behalf - also an opportunity for you to pray for others as well.
-You can always share praise songs that has spoken to you as well, maybe throughout your devotional/quiet time.
6. Pray to end off your devo, trust God that He is working through this initiative.

Suggested Passage is Ezekiel 36
View user profile

Re: December 30th to 5th (Suggested Passage: Ezekiel 36)

on Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:15 pm
Today i read Genesis chapters 1-10, as my dad wanted me to finish it by this Sunday. That was nothing much that stuck out to me that I can share in my devotional. Just thought it was very blessing to see Noah being the only man who feared and loved God during his time when the whole world was so sinful, yet through all these temptations he managed to stay in his belief. I guess something I can share is about the retreat. It was such a blessing and it was definitely the first retreat I can come out without having regrets. Really thankful for the small group I got, I learned a lot from them and it was just blessing to see such an awkward dynamic of people just opening up and sharing about each others lives and struggles. Really thankful for the worship team who practiced so hard and got almost no sleep so that they can worship God. Thankful for the members outside of CCPC who were willing to come to our retreat and sacrifice their time and money to serve. Thankful for PJ who really taught me a lot about my identity, especially after some of the struggles that I am faced with, it really gave me a drive and comforted me to help me understand my identity.

Prayer requests:
- I haven't really been myself lately, I get irritated a lot easier than usual, just pray that God will give me more patience and help me understand others feelings and circumstances too
- Devotionals have been getting a lot harder to do but to stay committed and understand I want to do this rather than making it a chore
- Nursing school applications are under process
- My small group from retreat that we will stand firm in our identity
- My group Ethan and Ashley
- Family

View user profile

Genealogy of Jesus

on Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:07 am
Ok so this is kind of a weird like section of the Bible to do a devo on, but I think it holds a really deep message on how God works and how he can work through us, no matter the circumstances. So essentially, this is just a huge like ancestry.com of Jesus and who he came from. It starts with Abraham and his descendants, then follows through to Judah and Jacob, which then goes onto David. Then with David and the wife or Uriah, Solomon was born, and goes through more of his ancestors during the exile of Babylon and finally to Joseph and Mary. What I found really interesting about this whole genealogy is that it goes through all the way to the beginning of Abraham and Issac. Whats even more interesting is that God used the most broken line of people to send his son for the world. Abraham and Issac, testing their faith. Judah, and his brothers throwing him out. David, committing adultery with Uriah's wife. Even with all these broken people, God still managed to keep them going so that through them he can send his only son to die on the cross for our sins. I think this shows God's power and how he really can do miraculous things through even the most broken people. With that in mind, he can do even greater things through us. Even if we think we are the most broken, God can still do amazing things through us, even with all the people leading up to Jesus.

Prayer Requests
- I guess to have a lot more patience in things, and just try to understand things from other peoples point of view
- Really have a lot of faith in God, just try to know that whatever happens happens through him and that I can just follow through
- Finals; alot of the GBS/GBN kids have finals coming up, and I just wanna pray that we can study hard and be able to do well on the finals
View user profile

on Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:04 pm
Matthew 24
There’s a lot going on in this passage, but what I think God wanted me to take away is to be patient and wait, and expect the unexpected. Jesus tells the disciples the signs of the end of the age and what to look out for. He tells them do not listen to those false prophets that may lead millions astray such as those other religions like Buddhism, Islam, etc. Even idols can become false prophets that declare they’re the only thing you need to follow in life and lead you astray from God. Even though no one know the day or hour the end will arrive(only God knows), He wants us to be ready and wait. Jesus gives an example of a servant who gets dinner ready for his master, and patiently waits for him to arrive. If that servant gets angry over the late master and begins to spill out his anger towards others, then he will not enter heaven. I feel like the reason there is not set time or date for the end of age is to test who’s really faithful and patient towards God and who’s ready to enter the kingdom of heaven anytime. If there was a set time and date, then everyone would just expect it. Expecting the unexpected gives us an important life skill as well. There are many times in my life where things don’t go my way, but I have to expect that. I can’t go on through life thinking all things will go well. Another thing I learned is that I shouldn’t think I have so much time. Lately I’ve procrastinated growing my faith and reading the Bible on my own time. I keep thinking, “Oh I have enough time and I’m only 17. I’ll just work on my faith later” I hate that word now, because I keep saying it. I keep making empty promises with God, and this chapter opened my eyes. One day there will be no “later” and it’ll be too late. I don’t want to waste my life either. I want to be used by God and spread His love, but to do so I can’t keep procrastinating. This chapter really taught me a lot, and I hope I can change my life around.

Prayer request:
-help me and my small group members to try and follow the goals we set for this year and truly pray for one another from time to time
-not read the Bible for the sake of reading it, but actually reading and soaking it in
-pray more on my own

Song:
Hosanna: the bridge part and the electric solo Smile
I think I listened to that part like 100 times this week.

Sent from Topic'it App
View user profile

on Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:21 pm
I've been realizing that the material that I provided for the retreat is material that is so applicable to myself... to be honest I've felt alot of hypocrisy just looking at my notes LOL.
Today I reflected on the surpassing value of knowing Christ and the passage that was referenced was from Philippians 3:7-14. Paul, considering all things rubbish in comparison with the surpassing value of knowing Christ. Again, these things weren't just bad things yet they were good things. I spent some time in prayer in evaluation of everything, especially and particularly the retreat.

Some of the good things that I really reflected on was my relationship with Hanna. And as much as I value my relationship with her, I'm struggling to come to the understanding that my relationship with her has to come second. And regardless of the amazing relationships that I have with you guys, it's secondary. My relationship with my parents? secondary. This includes my schooling, even the appreciation for Scripture. It's all secondary. I'm starting to understand my role as a pastor much more substantially, but even that is secondary.

I need consistent reminders to tell me that these come second, I feel as if it's so easy to idolize them or to make them a primary concern/priority in my life. Definitely in need of more of these devotionals for myself, needing to keep my heart in check.

Not that I ought to neglect these priorities, but I think I needed a greater glimpse (still definitely do) of the things that God has provided me with and granted me the ability to steward over. I've got a good feeling that our youth group is really gonna flourish in 2019 though, despite what's going on at our church.
-Please pray for the brokenness in my family and for the wounds to heal as my mom and dad are really trying to love and support each other.
-Please pray for lust and sexual temptation to decrease and for my love for God to increase
-Really need to balance everything in my life alot better, in terms of finances/relationships/school work. Please pray that I can steward these things correctly.
View user profile

on Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:14 am
Today, I read Genesis Chapter 11-20, I guess the only thing that really stood out to me was the story of Sodom and Gomorrah. Genesis 18:22-33 says, “So the men turned from there and went toward Sodom, but Abraham still stood before the Lord. Then Abraham drew near and said, “Will you indeed sweep away the righteous with the wicked? Suppose there are fifty righteous within the city. Will you then sweep away the place and not spare it for the fifty righteous who are in it? Far be it from you to do such a thing, to put the righteous to death with the wicked, so that the righteous fare as the wicked! Far be that from you! Shall not the Judge of all the earth do what is just?” And the Lord said, “If I find at Sodom fifty righteous in the city, I will spare the whole place for their sake.” Abraham answered and said, “Behold, I have undertaken to speak to the Lord, I who am but dust and ashes. Suppose five of the fifty righteous are lacking. Will you destroy the whole city for lack of five?” And he said, “I will not destroy it if I find forty-five there.” Again he spoke to him and said, “Suppose forty are found there.” He answered, “For the sake of forty I will not do it.” Then he said, “Oh let not the Lord be angry, and I will speak. Suppose thirty are found there.” He answered, “I will not do it, if I find thirty there.” He said, “Behold, I have undertaken to speak to the Lord. Suppose twenty are found there.” He answered, “For the sake of twenty I will not destroy it.” Then he said, “Oh let not the Lord be angry, and I will speak again but this once. Suppose ten are found there.” He answered, “For the sake of ten I will not destroy it.” And the Lord went his way, when he had finished speaking to Abraham, and Abraham returned to his place.” I thought that this stood out to me because in a whole city, ten righteous people could not be found when it started off at fifty, which kind of tells us that even fifty was a small number to begin with. I thought this stood out because it reminded me of the years I spent in college in the city. There was so many temptations with girls, alcohol, drugs, parties, all these real worldly things and it really discouraged me. I went to a youth group of almost a 130 kids at one point yet when I went back to the college services only a few returned. However, a lot of these kids got a lot of attention from the older members of the church and it made me envious of having no one look out for me in college. It made me feel really lonely but through the grace of God, I was brought into a new church where I feel loved by the members. As we have five youth group kids go to college, that I can be there for them and that God really uses me to help their path in their faith.

Prayer Requests:
- Met a lot of old faces at OIL, that I kinda want to talk to again, just pray for fellowship with some of my old church members
- Devotionals have been getting a lot harder to do but to stay committed and understand I want to do this rather than making it a chore
- Nursing school applications are under process
- Family
View user profile

on Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:16 am
Today I read Genesis chapters 21-30, I think something that I found truly blessing was found in was in Genesis chapter 22:14 which says,” So Abraham called the name of that place, “The Lord will provide”; as it is said to this day, “On the mount of the Lord it shall be provided.” To put some background in this verse, Abraham and Sarah were trying to conceive a child for a very long time and finally God blessed them with Isaac at a very old age. Abraham and Sarah prayed for a child for a very long time and loved him very much but God asked Abraham to go sacrifice him. Abraham willingly went to the top of a mountain and was ready to sacrifice his one son but was stopped by an angel. I saw this as a test of how much Abraham loved God and how much he put his trust in him. He believed and trusts God for a very long time for a son and when he finally got one, he was asked to sacrifice him. I feel like this faith really puts my own faith in question. There are many times that I’m anxious with my future, with the people that I love and many worldly things that I believe I can’t live without. All these idols really test my faith and if I were put into Abraham’s situation, I believe that Isaac would have been one of my idols that I treasure more and identify myself as, more than I do in God. However, going by Abraham’s faith and the verse, I should always trust God knowing that he will provide through all my struggles and weaknesses.

Prayer Requests:
- Something I always struggle with is faith in the lord regarding my future, I have lots of doubts and it really brings me down in my faith
- Nursing school applications are almost done, just a few tinkering to do
- Teas tests, that I may do well on it, whenever I decide to take it
- Family
View user profile

on Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:33 am
1 Peter 3:9-end of chapter
“Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult. On the contrary, repay evil with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing”
These verses state that we should never act upon wrongdoings with other wrongdoings. God listens solely to the hearts of those in purity and to those who wish nothing but good on others. God responds to those who are “righteous”. The rest of the chapter continues to elaborate on how nothing good comes your way if you are axing harshly. The people who harm you while you are acting graciously will eventually feel shame for their actions and will regret them. “For it is better, if it is God’s will, to suffer for doing good than for doing evil.” I really liked this specific verse because it opened my eyes to really focus on how it is indeed true, that I would rather be suffering while in the right rather than while being in the wrong. Then, at least you yourself know you have nothing to be ashamed of because you were acting in a good way with good intentions. To explain more, we were called onto this Earth by God to spread his Gospel and to make him known all over the world. In order to help make that happen, we have to be a blessing to others.
Prayer requests:
- For my relationship with my family (i know some of you guys have been praying and i am extremely grateful)
- My relationship with God to only go uphill from here
- For all of CCYG to feel God’s love

Sent from Topic'it App
View user profile

on Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:48 pm
Philippians 4
This is the concluding chapter for this book, and it leaves us with a message of rejoicing in the Lord. The main takeaway was that if one relies on God and lives according to His word, that individual will be freed from their feelings of anxiety and instead live content and in peace. The verse that stuck out to me was verse 6 which calls us to rid our lives of feelings of anxiety and instead request to God through prayer and thanksgiving to resolve the struggles we are facing. This hit me the hardest because I think a lot of us can recognize that we carry a lot of stress and anxiety about our futures. I know that I've been constantly rejecting God's help because I was under the false impression that my future is something that I decide. But leaving any worries about our lives down the road to God is the crucial step towards living a more stress-free and content life. Ultimately what happens in our lives is not by our own will or strength but only by God's, and we should put faith and full dependence on His good intentions for us. The second point which stuck out to me was in verses 11 and 13 which talk about how we are able to be content in every situation through God who provides us strength. Even in the lowest points in our life God is constantly reaching out to us and pouring his love over us although we may not know/acknowledge it. These verses reveal that through our reliance on Him rather than ourselves we can find fulfillment and happiness.

Prayer Requests:
- For me to come to prioritize Him over all worldly things in my life, especially with my school and relationships.
- That I can rid myself of my anxiety and stresses about the future and instead rely fully on His will and strength.
- My ability to separate myself from distractions or idols in my life and instead looking to Him.
View user profile

Proverbs 13:1-8

on Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:23 am
This passage is essentially directions on how we should live our lives, and how we can reap the benefits by following these directions. The first one is about how we should listen to our elders and parents for advice, and we should listen instead without rebuking them. If we listen to them, we enjoy good things from our said elders or parents, yet if we rebuke them we ask for violence and tension. The next passage is about how we should really consider what we say, and really think about what we say before saying it. It says how those who speak rashly will only come to ruin, and those who take time to think of what to say preserve their lives. The next verse is about our hunger for anything. If we continue to keep wanting more of something instead of being satisfied with what we have, then we are like a sluggard; lazy and slow. Yet, if we remain diligent and cautious on when to stop ourselves, we will be satisfied in the long run. The next verse relates to our identity, and knowing right from wrong. If we know what is wrong and we hate it, then we remain righteous. Yet, if we blind ourselves and embrace what's wrong, then we remain wicked and a sinner. The next one also relates to our identity, in how we portray our wealth. If we try to be wealthy, then in reality we are actually poor in spirit, and if we are poor, but still remain with God, then we are spiritually full. An easier way to explain this is with Jesus and the old women who gave her offering at the church. Compared to all the other wealthy people who gave large amounts of money to the church, the women gave a single coin, but she gave more then the rich, because that was all she had and she gave it for God. If we act like that women, we can have great wealth. With our wealth in the spirit, we can easily sustain ourselves through God. Yet, if we are poor in the spirit, then we are vulnerable to death.

Prayer Requests
- Finals coming up, and that we can all just not be stressed and study hard
- Try to be a better leader for the younger kids, and try to set a better example
- Focus on school and church, and that God can just give me faith in what I do
View user profile

on Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:58 pm
Today i read Genesis 31-40, and something that stood out to me was the relationship between Jacob and Esau. Genesis 33:4 says, "But Esau ran to meet him and embraced him and fell on his neck and kissed him, and they wept." Now to put some background info on this, Jacob stole Esau's blessing by tricking their father which made Esau very angry who vowed to kill Jacob. Many years later Jacob heard that Esau was drawing close to Jacob and Jacob became very scared and tried to do many things to avoid having to die by splitting up his camp in two or even putting up an offering he can give to him to maybe appease his anger. However, in this verse it shows that Jacob was embraced by Esau instead and it really shows forgiveness from Esau. I thought this stood out to me because of how forgiving Esau was even though Jacob did him dirty and ran away. I feel like this stood out to me because I find it hard to forgive certain people for the things that they have done for me. Like I still have some feelings of animosity towards some of the people from my old church that I find very hard to forgive. I think I should learn to be more forgiving like Esau and try to let these bitter feelings subside.

Prayer Requests:
- I still have feelings of being irritated and bitterness towards some aspects in my life, and it really affects the way I treat certain people. So just for a more understanding and loving heart
- Nursing application, I don't even know if I still want to do nursing anymore to be honest but God will lead me down the right path
- Family, my parents are looking for a new church
View user profile

on Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:00 pm
Jeremiah 17
After having finished Philippians I was planning to go through the book of Ephesians, but before I do this I will look into this chapter in Jeremiah. This chapter focuses on first guarding one’s heart and putting full trust in the Lord rather than in ourselves. Verses 3 and 7 say that one who makes flesh their strength and turns away from God is cursed while the one whose trust is in the Lord is blessed. There are many instances where we will begin to think of our accomplishments as all through our own strength and ability, but it’s crucial to recognize that God’s role is far greater. It is only through His will and strength that we are able to do good, meaning our flesh in itself is powerless. These verses call us to focus our hearts and minds on the Lord and to appreciate and trust in His will in our lives. This is something I definitely struggle with because I tend to focus on my own strength and abilities whenever completing a task. But reliance on the Lord and leaving our problems and struggles to Him is ultimately the most fruitful and beneficial for us, which is shown through the message of these verses. Verses 9 and 10 discuss how the heart is deceitful and difficult to truly understand, but the Lord is able to search the heart and test the mind to give to people according to the fruit of their actions. This reveals to us of God’s omniscience and His ability to see us for who we are under the image of the person we fabricate using ingenuine actions and words. For this reason, we are to be wary of the intentions of our heart, making sure that they are according to God’s.

Prayer Requests:
- For the Spirit to influence me to guard my heart of any evil or impure intentions and instead allowing my heart to be fully with God.
- Having less of a reliance on my own ability/strength and instead putting complete trust in God.
- For me to be able to retain the hunger for Christ that was revived through the retreat even when school starts up again

Sent from Topic'it App
View user profile

Philippians 4:4-7, 10-13

on Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:07 pm
This passage in Philippians talks about our work. The first verse tells us to rejoice, and rejoice on how the Lord is near. Then the next verse talks about how we shouldn't be anxious in anything, but that with prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, we can present our requests to God. In presenting our requests, we can have our requests answered. The reason why I wanted to focus on this passage and the next few other verses is because a lot of the people on the team are going through finals in school right now. It really does take a toll on us, and we are really anxious and stressed on how we do. But Philippians tells us that we should be praying, and that we should present our requests to God. I'm not saying not to study, but we should put some more faith into God as well to help guide us in studying and give thanks for God helping us. The last verse tells us then that if we do present our requests to God, then the peace of God which transcends all understanding will guard our hearts and minds in Christ Jesus. If we present our requests, then God can guide us towards our goal and we can achieve it through him.
The other section of this chapter is similar to the first section. This part is telling us that we should be content in times when we are concerned. The author tells us that he has learned the secret to being content, whether being fed or hungry, or being in need or having plenty. He then says that he can do all this through him who gives me strength. I think this is giving off two meanings. One is obviously that we shouldn't be anxious or concerned, because through God we can learn that everything would be ok. We shouldn't really be concerned with God at our side. The second part of this passage is that we should have faith in God. The author of Philippians tell's us that he learned the secret to be content through God, and I believe that secret is to have faith. If we have faith in God, then we shouldn't have to worry about worldly things if we have trust in him. We have to learn to trust that he will do amazing things in our lives, and that whatever happens if because of his plan. So we have to learn to trust him if we want to be content with what happens in our lives. This should really be applicable to our finals. We should trust in God, and still try hard on our finals. But, whatever happens, we should be content with it knowing that God is on our side.

Prayer Requests
- Finals, please pray for us as the dreaded finals are coming up and that we can just try to do well
- Sick. A lot of us, myself included have been getting sick. Pray that God can just heal us and give us the energy to function through out the week.
- Faith. Focus more on God and trust in him more, as well as try to not have too much stress.
View user profile

on Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:20 pm
Psalm 37:3-9
“Trust in the Lord and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture...”
These verses are saying how we should all trust that through God, all things are possible. Verses 3-7 basically say how we should not doubt God’s way and actions because in the end, everything will work out accordingly and the way God wants it to. Do not be envious of others when they succeed in life and you don’t, instead be patient with the Lord for good things are to come your way. These verses opened up my eyes to see how much I have been doubting God’s presence and denying him in my life. I know that God works at his own pace, but at the same time, I did not fully believe that he was going to make all things possible. Reading these verses made me realize that even though I may not recognize all that he’s done for me at the moment, he is still doing everything for me every second of the day. Verse 7 says to be patient with the Lord, but being someone who needed answers fast and got impatient easily, I found it hard to “wait” for Him. Now, I can see that I have changed even if it not by a lot, but I can see that I am more patient with God and everyone around me. I am still working on my personal factors even though it may be tough. With God on my mind, I know I can get through it all.

Prayer requests:
- For me to trust that God will take the wheel in my life and guide me in the right direction
- For my brothers Ethan and Bo to continue to grow spiritually and to never lose focus on God
- For everyone taking finals to study hard and try their hardest
- For PJ, he seemed pretty stressed and “lost” today while I briefly spoke to him so let’s pray that he is relieved of all burdens and that everything will work out in the end

Sent from Topic'it App
View user profile

on Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:23 pm
Matthew 25

This chapter was similar to chapter 24, but with more parables. The one with the ten virgins, the one with the bag of golds, and the one with the sheep and goats. What I took away is that I must be wise, a blessing to all, and ready to do God’s will. God has a plan for me and sometimes I forget that. I’m like the guy who received one bag of gold from God and didn’t do anything but hide it. The others worked hard to gain more bags of gold, but the other one was lazy and didn’t feel the need to go out and work for more. He was too comfortable. I’m too comfortable with where I am right now. I keep thinking I have more time later down the road. I don’t really listen to what God’s trying to tell me, and I think this week He’s been communicating to me through the His word that I need to listen. I have to stop just praying for myself but also listen. I’m also like one of the foolish virgins who didn’t bring oil for the gas lamp. They asked from the wise, but got rejected. They tried to mooch off of the wise. It’s so bad that I see myself doing that. I think my pride these days has been blocking reality. The reality that I am a fool without God or His wisdom. Later the foolish ones ran to the shut doors and asked to be let in. God said I don’t know you and told them to leave. That’s so scary. We learned about this in retreat too. Knowing about God and knowing God is different and in this moment I knew. I don’t know God and one day He’s going to tell me that I never knew Him and He never knew me. I want to know God. I want wisdom through Him. I hope after reading and reflecting I can truly learn.

Prayer requests
-Stop focusing on secular things and focus on Him
-stop worrying about finals and actually do something about it by studying
-Help me to know the difference between cheap grace and costly grace(keep telling myself the difference but I keep forgetting the cost of His grace)
-pray for my small group and my devo group and that I can be more encouraging and helpful not harmful

Songs:
Who you say I am Smile

Sent from Topic'it App
View user profile

on Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:48 pm
Isaiah 41:10
“So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”
Being on the leadership team, I joined with the mindset of happiness (that did not really make sense but hopefully you know what i’m trying to say) because I was given the opportunity to not only encourage others to grow closer to God, but also for myself to grow spiritually. However, while continuing on this road, I found myself thinking of other pros of being on leadership team such as being in charge of certain events for the fun of it. I also found myself getting tired of devotionals because I did not see the true purpose of doing them. I convinced myself that I was only doing these to avoid punishments or to avoid anybody thinking I was a bad person or an irresponsible person for not doing devos. But later on, after some discussions about the purpose of devos, I realized that it is all for my benefit and for me to reflect on my journey to becoming a better christian. I realized that it was in fact not me who found the true purpose of doing devos, but God who helped me see the reason. It is God who does everything. I think that being a leader, I have to know that before trying to help others grow, I have to help myself. Because how do I expect others to increase their faith when I, a leader, cannot even do it. I have to know that God is always both behind me and in front of me. Behind me holding me up,ready to catch me if I fall to raise me up, and to encourage me to keep moving further. And in front of me to lead me in the right direction.

Prayer requests:
- Brothers Bo and Ethan
- For God to be the center of my attention at all times and for me to never stray away from him
- For the whole congregation to feel safe to open up to us and feel encouraged by us to try harder to learn more about the Gospel
- Finals to go well for those taking them

Sent from Topic'it App
View user profile

on Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:53 pm
Finished Genesis and I guess the whole time I read it, it felt more like a bunch of stories that set up for the next one but one thing I realized was the amount of faith that a lot of the main characters had throughout the book. My first example would be Noah who trusted God and build a huge Ark for many years and once the flood came, he trusted God that the waters will subside and be land again. Abraham who did not have a child with Sarah for many years and was given one at a very old age but was asked to sacrifice him and was willing to do it in the presence of the Lord. Jacob who wondered through many days after running away from Esau and having God really provide for his many needs and forgiveness from Esau. The last person was Joseph who was betrayed by his brothers and was sold as a slave, was told that he was dead to his Father, and got framed by the wife of his master and was put in jail, yet through all of this he kept trusting in God and was eventually the second highest man in Egypt thanks to the grace of the Lord. Genesis 50:19-20 really shows Josephs faith by saying, "But Joseph said to them, “Do not fear, for am I in the place of God? As for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good, to bring it about that many people should be kept alive, as they are today." Here he forgives his brothers and says that it was all part of God's plan, that through him many people were saved. I think this passage really comforts me knowing that through all the hardships that I am going through and will go through, that God has a plan for me no matter how low or broken I get, and through these times I should trust and put my faith in God like many of these men did that were in Genesis.

Prayer Requests:
- Put my faith more in God, instead of dwelling in the past or being scared of the future, to really live my hardest and put my faith in God instead of others
- I still have feelings of being irritated and bitterness towards some aspects in my life, and it really affects the way I treat certain people. So just for a more understanding and loving heart
- Nursing application, I don't even know if I still want to do nursing anymore to be honest but God will lead me down the right path as mentioned in the first prayer request
- Family, my parents are looking for a new church that wherever they go, God will bless them
- Ethan and Ashley
-Winter retreat small group members that they are still going strong in faith
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum