Go down
Admin
View user profilehttp://ccyg.forumotion.com

October 7th to 13th (Suggested Passage: Psalm 119)

on Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:04 pm
Hello leaders of CCYG <3

Please follow this suggested template for your devotionals/quiet time.

Scripture Passage: Psalm 119:1-176 (Can be any passage, psalm 119 for this week is suggested!);
-Short summary of how God spoke to you through any particular verses, or anything that really spoke to you as a whole.
-Don't always need to do a whole chapter, can be a few verses (but I recommend at least maybe 10-15 verses, no biggie if not)
-Share your prayer requests, so that others will be encouraged to pray on your behalf!
-Can always share praise songs that has spoken to you as well, maybe throughout your devotional/quiet time

All of the leaders will be expected to post, once per week for the time being.
-Although it may seem mechanical and somewhat dry, lets give this a shot. I really hope that we can grow and mature in faith as we continue to serve our church.
Feel free to just hit reply on this post!

Let's be sure to pray for our youth group as well! Very Happy Very Happy
View user profile

on Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:34 am
So I don't really know how exactly you guys wanted this formatted cuz i came late tot he meeting so im just gonna say whatever lol.

So I'm currently going through Mark right now and some of the verses that spoke to me was Mark 1:16-20. This was when Jesus passed by the Sea of Galilee and called for some of his first disciples. It mentions that in verse 18, Jesus told them to come follow him and they immediately threw down everything that they were doing and followed him. I thought this was really eye opening to the faith in the disciples to be able to give up everything they had going in their worldly lives to follow some random guy. Also in verse 20 it mentioned that James and John left their father and hired servants to follow Jesus. This made me think that they were pretty well off because they had servants but were still willing to go follow Jesus. I thought this spoke to me because as someone who is very concerned for my future, will I be able to give up all that I worked for and accumulated to follow what I believe in. Another verse that spoke to me was in Mark 2:17, The Pharisees started to call out Jesus for eating with tax collectors and sinners saying that what kind of man of god would eat with these kind of people and Jesus replied with, " I came not to call the righteous, but sinners." This really spoke to me because sometimes in my own sin I believe that I am too ashamed to go to God and would try to hide or just ignore the fact that I am Christian so that I wouldn't feel that shame. But this verse really helps me realize that  in those times its best to go to God and that it should remind me to go to him through times of struggle.

Prayer Topics: I guess Nursing school, i am still iffy about the whole thing and just have my doubts in what I am supposed to do with my life
Serve with a better heart, during sundays sermon, PJ talked about the weekly routine and it just made me realized that I served because I had to and signed up for it but not because I wanted to do it to serve others at church and for God
View user profile

Re: October 7th to 13th (Suggested Passage: Psalm 119)

on Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:02 am
Psalm 119:1-176;

To be real I think it's so easy for me to incorporate Scripture and God to be a part of my career. As if looking into the Bible meant only for bible studies and sermon purposes... I just started a month ago-ish and I can feel this pattern already, would need to make it a habitual pattern for myself to grow in faith.
Anyways that being said, this passage really did some heart surgery for me, all of the verses were so juicy but I don't think I can comment on every single one of em;
v. 130 "The unfolding of your words gives light; it gives understanding to the simple."
-Really goes to show that understanding God through Scripture isn't a matter of IQ points or brain cells (thank God), but it is His work through the Holy Spirit to give us understanding. And it also goes to show the kind of posture I need to have - to really come before God and show that I am 'simple', besides, pride won't get me anywhere...
-Often times I evaluate spirituality as how many bible verses I can recite or how many passages I've read that week. Regardless of the count, I need to approach God as a child, and Scripture to be milk for my well-being.
v. 136 "My eyes shed streams of water, because they do not keep your law."
-It's funny because I think if I were to rewrite this I'd write, "my eyes shed streams of water because they don't shed streams of water because they do not keep your law"
-i think we sorrow over the fact that I don't care, or when I'm complacent. And I think that's when it becomes especially difficult to grow in my faith... When I don't care to care about God, basically.
v. 103 "How sweet are your words to my taste! Yes, sweeter than honey to my mouth!"
-My prayer from this verse is so that this can become my prayer. I know what it was like beforehand to really enjoy Scripture and to marinate in God's Word. But I feel as if the busier I get the less likely I am to spend time meditating on His word. Not to say that His word becomes less 'delicious', but rather I so often forget how sweet it is to my taste until I approach it again.

Definitely lots more going on, but just kept it short for me. Please pray that I can faithfully serve CCYG and I can see schooling as a benefit to ministry rather than a burden. Please pray for my heart to always be vulnerable to God and for myself to recognize my blind spots and my idols. I think God has done so much for us in the past month and I'm super excited for what's to come. God is good, eh?
View user profile

on Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:13 am
10/12/18 Hosea 2:15
Starting over - God’s Love
“And I will give her her vineyards from there, and the valley of Achor for a door of hope: and she shall sing there, as in the days of her youth, and as in the day when she came up out of the land of Egypt.”
Meaning: The valley of Anchor represents trouble which comes in a chapter in Joshua. But this door will be there and be the hope. And after finding hope there is happiness which is the singing part. I believe that this chapter is representing the troubles that we are in and the mistakes we make, but somewhere there is a door of hope which is God who gives us a deeper and truer life.

Realizing your mistakes and seeing all your best efforts leading to mistakes. I can definitely relate where I continue to make mistakes and find myself in disappointment and remorse. And sometimes I wonder if there is a “second chance” and when will it appear. However, we all have good inside of us and that we are filled with love that we are made for more. When I hit rock bottom and see all the mistakes I’ve made, I react with the phrase “I wish I could start over”. This is where God’s love comes into part. Through God’s grace and love, we can start over. However through this progress, I always want to go back to the life I had before all the mistakes I made, but God has other plans and wants us to experience a different life with God. He heals us and changes our past, present, and future. To be honest, I have been living the present life with no purpose, no confidence in the future, and pain from the past. I feel that trusting God and looking towards God will help me live a life with purpose that is deeper and truer. And doing this I think that I will be living a life that God wants me to live.

Prayer Requests:
I need prayer that I would not be quick to anger because I get frustrated a lot when I’m at home.
I also need prayer to live my life solely for the purpose of God rather than living for the worldly things around me.
Another one is that I would get through this college progress and that I wouldn’t be super stressed about it
Prayer that I can live my life with purpose for God rather than for myself

Song recommendation: How Great is Your Love by Passion Music. This song is probably one of my favorite songs because it reminds me of God’s love for us. It helps me know that our God’s love is so true and deep.

Sent from Topic'it App

Last edited by Eddy Ji on Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:39 am; edited 1 time in total
View user profile

Psalm 23:1-6

on Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:52 pm
This passage has always been a really important passage for me since this is the one I always read whenever I’m in trouble. What I really wanted to focus on for this was how God tells us to not be fearful in every situation we are in. David who wrote this tells us to “Fear no evil, for you are with me, your rod and staff, they comfort me”. I really try to not be fearful but it is in the end inevitable and unavoidable. But on a different note, after today’s service at the CFC Revival and how the pastor told us of the whole scoreboard situation with our neighbors, yet love your neighbors as yourself really lit a lightbulb in me with this verse. Jesus says to love your neighbors, and this Psalm tells us “You prepare a table before my enemies” which I thought was really interesting because David is almost saying what Jesus tells us to do. Don’t hate, yet try to love and resolve any problems.

For prayer requests, I really just wanted to pray for my school life. It’s really cliche but this last week of school has probably been the most tough on me. and my grades, with getting a not too well grade on an essay and possibly bombing a test. I just want to pray that God can just be with me in every situation so I woj’t be stressed and I can just get through school smoothly without any major problems. I also really wanted to pray for my spiritual life since with school I just pray i get good grades, but i want to be praying for something more and not just use prayer as a way to get good grades
View user profile

on Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:02 pm
Romans 2:1-16
God's Righteous Judgement

"You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgement on someone else, for at whatever point you judge another, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgement do the same things" (v1). This specific verse spoke out to me because I'm quick to judge and I get offended if others judge who I am and what I do. This verse served as a reminder that I am no better than those I judge, as I also commit the very actions I judge others for. In this sense, I am condemning myself because nobody can pass judgement onto another besides God. Another verse that spoke out to me was, "But because of your stubbornness and your unrepentant heart, you are storing up wrath against yourself for the day of God's wrath, when his righteous judgement will be revealed" (v5). In the end, not being repentant of my sins won't hurt anyone except for myself. God's judgement is just and correct, and will only give what I deserve. If I'm unrepentant of my sins, then I only deserve "wrath and anger" (v8) and "trouble and distress" (v9). In turn, the passage gives hope by saying those who are repentant of their sins and turn to God for their strength will have "eternal life" (v7) and "glory, honor and peace" (v10). God will judge my actions through how I have lived my life, and if I have been repentant. These verses really struck me because while the passage began as a reminder that I should stop judging others, it showed a way to turn back. It compared the lives of the unrepentant versus the lives of the repentant, and how God's grace can save us from our sins and judgement that we've committed against others. By showing this direct comparison, I realized that there were no benefits to being a judgmental, stubborn person, and that there were infinite benefits to turning to God and repenting for my wrongs.

Prayer requests:
- Being able to live out God's word instead of simply internalizing it and "forgetting" about it
- Academics, as always
View user profile

on Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:52 pm
Psalm 6:1-10
- This passage caught my attention because we sin over and over again and we ask for forgiveness and God gives us that. Sometimes we take advantage of that. We are tempted because of our fears and we pray to him to make ourselves feel better but it doesn’t mean anything if you don’t mean it. You say words to feel good to believe that you’re good but we aren’t we will always sin, it is in our blood. Yet, God still loves us and forgives us again and again because in the end he will never ever stop loving us. His love is unfailing for us and every creature that walks and breathes on this planet. He hears us when no one else does and it says in the passage that when we weep and cry out for help he is there and he accepts us for who we are. When we are weak he is there, when we are hopeless he is there, when we have done something unbearable he is there. There is a pattern, when we are hurt or in need of someone he is there but as soon as he picks us back up we leave him for the things that have hurt us over and over again. And yet over and over again he forgives and forgives. There is a way out of this cycle we must put our whole heart into Christ and never leave no matter the temptations, it will be hard but God believes we can do this in time so we must believe as well. I believe God will rescue us in the next life in Heaven and we shall be with him forever and praise him for eternity. And we will then know what it feels like to have unending love.

Prayer Requests:
Please pray for my schoolwork because I am falling behind in some subjects. And for my family because every now and then there are a few problems. Thank you
View user profile

on Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:31 am
I did something different and wanted to do Proverbs 3. Mainly verses 3-8.
This is something that has stuck with me for the past 2 years in school as I changed my major and wanted to do something that I sincerely enjoyed. In verse 5 and 6, it says "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight." I profoundly abide to this because I thought that after my freshman year I did not have the same assumptions as others around me. I knew that music was the route for me to go into because it was something i enjoyed on a daily basis.
Something that made the path of me wanting to become a teacher was because my brother wanted to become a teacher because he wanted to implement a christian organization at his own school when he was still in school. So I brought them both together, and thought about music education. I knew that this was one of God's amazing plans when both my parents also agreed and helped me into going back into music and continuously encouraged me to do so.
It was hard my freshman/sophomore year because I will admit I did not attend church on a weekly basis. However, with ccyg it has put a place in my heart where I will never be able to hold back from with the opportunities that it has given me. I never could have seen myself as a part of a praise team, however, God has opened up an opportunity to use my music skills into a good use, however, I did question myself whether I was ready or not. So I took some time and prayed about it, and now I am here continuously serving, coming back every weekend without any regrets.
He made a path straight enough for me to take so I took that and really implemented into my life and it has helped me drastically grow.
View user profile

Nathan

on Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:32 am
1 Timothy 2
Standout verses: "I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people— 2 for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness."

In light of the recent political events in this country, especially with what has been going on with Brett Kavanaugh, I decided to focus on a passage that has to with government and our leaders. This passage is urging us to support and pray for our leaders, no matter who the leaders are and what their beliefs may be. Right now, I feel like a lot of us are trash talking our leaders such as Brett Kavanaugh or Donald Trump simply because their political views don't line up with ours. To make things worse, many people, even Christians, are giving up on this country because they don't like who is currently in charge of our government. However, as Christians we need to learn to respect our leaders instead of condemning them. The second verse of this passage says "that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness," which is saying that unless we learn to support our leaders, we won't be able to live in peace and tranquility. Although it may be hard to support someone who has different political ideologies, it is ultimately God who picks and sends each leader, and by criticizing our leaders and losing hope for this country we are doubting God and his plans. So as a Christian who tries not to doubt God, I will try to put my trust in God more and acknowledge that he does everything for a reason instead of denouncing our politicians. After all, all politicians are sinners, and so there is no use in complaining about them since no politician will live up to our expectations. Only God is without imperfections, which why trusting him and praying for the people he chose to lead our country is a lot better than putting so much of our attention on our flawed government and then criticizing it when things don't go our way.

Prayer requests:
-As I will be going to college next year, I am still unsure on what God wants me to do in the future. So pray that whatever God wants me to do that he will show me soon enough so that I can glorify him in the best way possible.
-For the majority of my life, I have always considered myself a pure person. However recently I have succumbed to the worldly ways and have committed multiple impure actions. So pray that I can resist temptation better and become the pure person I once was.
-As this is my last year in this youth group, pray that I will go all out in loving and serving this youth group.

Favorite song of the week: Into the Deep by Citipointe Live
This song is great because it really teaches you what being a follower of Jesus is like, especially the bridge of the song.
Bridge:
Into the deep
I will go with You
Submerge my feet to my head in all of You
As your presence falls
I am drowned in Your love
Immerse me, immerse me
The bridge is really meaningful to me because it talks about how being a Christian is an all-in, no turning back deal. In order to be a Christian we need metaphorically to go into the deep ends of the waters and submerge ourselves into the waters. However being partially submerged is not good enough. Only when we have submerged "our feet to our heads" and have drowned ourselves completely in the waters can we experience the full love of God. Although drowning ourselves might seem scary and intimidating, this is the extent we have to go to in order to call ourselves true followers of God.
View user profile

on Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:13 am
Roman 12 - One Body

This pass weekend a few of us went to CFC 2018 Fall Revival and it was truly amazing experience . On the second day they offered time to be prayed for by the pastors who are currently serving on the campus ministry. As my turn came I had chills running throughout my whole body. In the two years of serving at CCYG this was the first time I didn't have to think about lead anything but was receiving instead. In that moment I had tears running down my face not because I was sad but realizing how can I serve others if I don't grow on my own. How do I lead others if I can't lead my own spiritual walk with Christ. In Romans 12:4-8 it talks about how we're child of God in one body but as different members. As different members we do not share all the same functions but each part is unless with out each other. Every part of the body is equally important and no one is greater or less than anyone. Our body is CCYG and as leaders of worship team and leadership team we all have ours roles and gifts. If its leading worship on Sunday or folding bulletins before service we're all part of the body of CCYG as we serve. But the body can't function without being feed like how we need to eat food to survive and thats same for your spiritual life as well. We need to feed our spiritual life with the word of God and with prayer not once a week but constantly. Romans 12:11 "Do not be slothful in zeal, be fervent in spirit, serve the Lord, Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer". I definitely need to keep feeding my spiritual life and continue growing on my own to be able to give CCYG my full service the gifts God has blessed me with. Everyone here was hand selected by God and is here for a reason even if you think your role small its still essential piece to the body of CCYG. I love this youth group and everyone in it but to keep it growing we as leaders need to grow first before we lend our to others. God has provided us an opportunity with these weekly devotionals to grow but also share with each other. I really encourage everyone to keep pushing for these devotionals even when you don't want too or when it gets too hard. God sees everything and I promise these devotionals will go a long way, even if you don't see it now. (I also encourage everyone to read Romans 12 or Romans general, I didn't talk about everything it mentions but its definitely good place to start if you feel lost or discouraged)

Prayer Request
- To not looks sight in whats important in serving
- To not feel obligated but truly want to grow with God
- My health because I swear I'm slowly dying lol...
- For our youth ministry to want to grow even if it get uncomfortable or tough
- Winter Retreat/lock in

Favorite Song of the week
- You Called Me Beautiful by Passion - This sing really hit me hard at the revival, knowing we're nothing without him
- O Come to the Alter By Elevation Worship
- O Praise The Name By Hillsong
- Remembrance By Hillsong
View user profile

Eric

on Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:57 am
Isaiah 55:8-11
8 “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the Lord. 9 “As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. 10 "As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, 11 "so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it."

This passage really stuck out to me because it talks about what God expects from us. Verse 8 and 9, God talks about how his thinkings are completely different from ours and that his thoughts are supremely over ours. (...So are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.) Verse 10 and 11, in my opinion, are the highlights amongst these verses. In verse 10 and 11, God uses an agricultural comparison of his words and rain. He says when rain and snow fall from the heavens, they serve a purpose of watering and flourishing plants. They also do not return until they are done with their job. It's the same with God's words. When he speaks, he expects us to realize his desires and complete the purpose. This message was very eye-opening, mainly because I would listen to sermons with one ear and it would go out the other. We know in our heads that we are supposed to listen and apply it to our lives, but most of the times, it isn't the case. Instead of following what our brain says (listen and forget), we should take it in and do whatever he tells us to do.

Prayer Requests:
- My school work. (I usually cannot resist the temptation of procrastination. In some cases, I get lazy and will not finish my assignments.)
- Personal spiritual growth. (I am very broken. I have always considered myself Christian, but coming back from CFC Revival, I realized that I was not really a good Christian. Please pray for me that I will become a man of Christ.)
- Congregation growth. [I believe growing in Christ is always a good thing (I hope you too).]
View user profile

on Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:09 am
Matthew 12:22-37  Jesus and Beelzebul

Summary: A demon-possessed man is brought to Jesus and Jesus castes the demon out. The Pharisees accuse Jesus that he was only able to cast out the demon with the power of Beelzebul, the prince of demons. (1)Jesus replies by saying, "Every kingdom divided against itself will be ruined, and every city or household divided against itself will not stand" (v.25). Jesus then rebukes us by saying, (2) "Whoever is not with me is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters" (v.30) and (3) "Everyone will have to give account on the day of judgment for every empty word they have spoken" (v.36).

Application: These 15 verses hit me in multiple angles. (1) When I first read verse 25, I immediately thought of our youth group. Our youth group isn't exclusive but it isn't very inclusive either. Just looking at the difference between the number of people who come out to Sunday service and Friday service, there is a clear indication that people are outcasted. The difference gets even bigger when looking at the number of people who come to church to study/do homework. I believe that if we as leaders of the church, if we more inclusive to the outcasts of the church, more people would come out. (2) Verse 25 also hit me hard because Jesus makes it painfully clear that its one or the other. Either we are all for him, or not at all. Christianity is not a part time religion and we can't be a part time Christian. As a society, I think that we have become used to putting up a facade and acting like a Christian on Friday nights and Sunday mornings while we live completely different lives during the rest of the week. (3) This is why verse 36 scares me. God knows all and there is no "faking it" with him. We will be judged for the fruit that we bare and as Jesus says, "Make a tree good and its fruit will be good, or make a tree bad and its fruit will be bad, for a tree is recognized by its fruit" (v.33). This reminded my of a sermon from CFC Revival and the speaker said, "Blessed people bless people". Good trees = Good fruit, Bad trees = Bad fruit. Verse 36 and the sermon was really good reality check on myself. These really motivated me to become a blessing to the youth group and improve myself.

Prayer Request:
- Pray that our youth group is more inclusive
- Remember that God should be our number one priority and our purpose on Earth is to bring others to him
- Become a blessing to the youth group and improve myself

Songs of the Week:
- Remembrance by Hillsong - "Remind me You're not finished yet"

- Zeal by The Belonging Co - "Feet on the Earth, Heart full of Heaven"
View user profile

on Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:54 pm
Psalm 23:3-6

These verses are explaining how we his children are constantly walking through darkness and death but God says we shall not fear because he is with us through those times. Sometimes you may not feel his presense but he is very much there and watching over us. It says we should dwell in the house of the Lord forever and it means that we should always believe that he is going to be there for us through the darkest and roughest times of our lives. And when we ascend into Heaven we will be standing by his side and looking out for the ones that were left behind, for their time will come later. It tells us that we should never let go of the fact that he is with us and we should always be with him. He restores our souls and we are so lucky to have that from our one and only Lord. Over all we should stick with him even though you feel like the world is going to go crashing down just know that God will protect us or lead us to the great Heaven.

Prayer Requests:
The same old school and a better chance of knowing God is with us no matter what.

Sent from Topic'it App
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum